COOPER RIVER RACE SERIES
· fully-buoyed seven-lane race course w/ stake-boats
· heats and finals for all events with more than three crews
· gold/silver/bronze medals for all finals with at least 6 boats, gold medals for races with less
· 8:30am coach/coxswain meeting, 10am start, 1pm end
· RegattaWorks timing
· USRowing Registered Regatta w/ USRowing referees
· Participating programs must be active Organizational Members of USRowing. The minimum individual membership requirement for each student-athlete is active Basic membership and waiver.
Seeding, Lane Assignments, Progression
· Every program can submit V8 seeding (not including themselves) on Tuesday prior to the event. Late submissions will not be considered.
· RegattaWorks will randomly assign heats and lanes for all other crews.
· Seeding results and lane assignments will be posted on Wednesday.
· Winners of each heat and next fastest times advance to the Grand Final, remaining crews to the Petite Final.
· Events with 4-7 crews will race a heat for lanes and a final for medals. Events with 1-3 crews will race a straight final.
· The chief referee and regatta director will determine the loading pattern for the V8 heats and all finals based on wind/water conditions.
Arrival, Parking & Safety
· Trailers can arrive after 7am on Saturday.
· With 10 trailers, it is important that we work together to use the space wisely.
· Please review the parking and course maps provided.
· Rowing before racing on Saturday morning is not an option.
· EMS will be stationed at the trailer area beginning at 10:00am on the day of the event and will be connected via radio to the regatta officials.
Equipment & Weigh-ins
· Teams are responsible for double-checking their own heel-ties.
· Teams must provide their own bow-number.
· No coxswain or boat weigh-ins.
· Head Coaches will be on a group-text for important race-day communications.
· Real-time results will be posted on RegattaWorks once the result is official.
· Contact Stephen Kish at email@example.com with any questions.