· Racing was suspended following the heats due to conditions.
Doc Hosea Invitational
· Invitation only
· Fully-buoyed six-lane race course w/ stake-boats
· Heats and finals for all crews
· 7:30am first race, 12:50pm last race
· RegattaWorks timing
· USRowing Registered Regatta w/ USRowing referees
· Non-refundable program fee is due via Regatta Central by 9:00pm on March 26th, 2022.
· Entries/boatings must be completed on Regatta Central by 9:00pm on March 26th, 2022. Registering on Regatta Central requires each program to have a valid USRowing organizational membership and each participating student-athlete must have a valid USRowing membership.
Seeding, Lane Assignments, Progression
· Every program can submit V8, 2V8 and V4 seeding (not including themselves) on Tuesday prior to the event. Late submissions will not be considered.
· RegattaWorks will randomly assign heats and lanes for all other crews.
· Seeding results and lane assignments will be posted on Wednesday.
· Winners of each heat and next three fastest times advance to the Grand Final, next six to the Petite Final and remaining crews to the 3rd Final.
· The chief referee and regatta director will determine the loading pattern for the V8/2V8/V4 heats and all finals based on wind/water conditions.
Parking & Tents
· Only trucks & trailers are allowed in the trailer area. All other vehicles can park on N. Park Drive.
· With 18 trailers, it is important that we work together to use the space wisely.
· Athlete/erg tents can be directly behind your trailer. Parent/Alumni food tents are only permitted at the finish line. Parents are able to drive their vehicles directly into the finish-line area to unload and set up.
Arrival, Practice & Safety
· Trailers can pull in beginning at 4:00pm on Saturday, March 26th.
· The course is available for practice beginning at 4pm on Saturday, March 26th. Saturday is not part of the Doc Hosea Invitational. Use the course at your own risk. There will not be any marshals on the water or EMS on shore during those times. Sunset is 7:18pm.
· Follow the practice pattern detailed in the Practice Map provided above.
· EMS will be stationed at the trailer area beginning at 7:00am on the day of the event and will be connected via radio to the regatta officials.
· Course maps are provided below.
Equipment & Weigh-ins
· Teams are responsible for double-checking their own heel-ties.
· Teams must provide their own bow-number.
· No coxswain or boat weigh-ins.
· Head Coaches will be on a group-text for important race-day communications.
· Real-time results will be posted on RegattaWorks once the result is official.
· Contact Stephen Kish at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
· Each V8 will earn 4 points per place.
· Each 2V8 will earn 3 points per place.
· Each V4A will earn 2 points per place.
· All other crews will earn 1 point per place.
· Only one crew can score per event per institution.
· The team with the highest point total at the end of the regatta will be the Doc Hosea Champion.
· In the event of a tie (in points), the winner would be determined by the placement of the V8.