Doc Hosea Invitational
· Invitation only
· Fully-buoyed six-lane race course w/ stake-boats
· Heats and finals for all crews
· 8:00am first race, ~1:20pm last race
· RegattaWorks timing
· USRowing Registered Regatta w/ USRowing referees
· Non-refundable program fee is due via RegattaCentral by 9:00pm on March 31st, 2023.
· Entries/boatings must be completed on RegattaCentral by 9:00pm on March 31st, 2023.
Seeding, Lane Assignments, Progression
· Every program can submit V8, 2V8 and V4 seeding (not including themselves) on Tuesday prior to the event. Late submissions will not be considered.
· RegattaWorks will randomly assign heats and lanes for all other crews.
· Seeding results and lane assignments will be posted on Wednesday.
· Winners of each heat and next three fastest times advance to the Grand Final, next six to the Petite Final and remaining crews to the 3rd Final.
· The chief referee and coaches liason will determine the loading pattern for the V8/2V8/V4 heats and all finals based on wind/water conditions.
Parking & Tents
· Only trucks & trailers are allowed in the trailer area. All other vehicles can park on N. Park Drive.
· Towing vehicles cannot enter or exit the trailer area beginning 30' before racing through 30' after the last race.
· With 18 trailers, it is important that we work together to use the space wisely.
· Athlete/erg tents can be directly behind your trailer. Parent/Alumni food tents are only permitted at the finish line. Parents are able to drive their vehicles directly into the finish-line area to unload and set up.
Arrival, Practice & Safety
· Trailers can pull in anytime on Friday. Security will be on duty from dusk to dawn on Friday night.
· Use the course at your own risk on Friday and Saturday morning. Friday morning may be busy, but Friday afternoon will definitely be very busy from 3:30-6:30. Crews must be off the water one hour before the first race of the regatta on Saturday morning.
· Follow the practice pattern detailed in the Practice Map provided above.
· EMS will be stationed at the trailer area beginning at 7:00am on the day of the event and will be connected via radio to the regatta officials.
· Race Map is also provided above.
Equipment & Weigh-ins
· Teams are responsible for double-checking their own heel-ties.
· Teams must provide their own bow-number.
· No coxswain or boat weigh-ins.
· Head Coaches will be on a group-text for important race-day communications.
· Real-time results will be posted on RegattaWorks once the result is official.
· Stephen Kish (Bucknell head coach) is the coaches liasion to the LOC and chief referee. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions before Saturday, or call/text 845.489.1670 on race day.
· Each V8 will earn 4 points per place.
· Each 2V8 will earn 3 points per place.
· Each V4A will earn 2 points per place.
· All other crews will earn 1 point per place.
· Only one crew can score per event per institution.
· The team with the highest point total at the end of the regatta will be the Doc Hosea Champion.
· In the event of a tie (in points), the winner would be determined by the placement of the V8.